Thursday, June 21, 2012

Starlin Castro on the move? Seattle a possibility?

The Mariners have recently talked to the Cubs about Starlin Castro's availability. There have been plenty of rumors circulating lately saying that the Cubs might want to deal the young shortstop. The Cubs haven't put Castro on the trading block, but are letting other teams know that he is available.

Analysis: I still don't see the Cubs trading Castro because he is a core piece in their future. He would be a great piece for the M's to add because he is young and cheap (payroll-wise), but the Cubs might ask for big pieces in the Mariners' farm system. I'm sure Theo Epstein would ask for SP prospects Danny Hultzen and James Paxton. I don't think it would be smart for the M's to acquire Castro because of the price Chicago would be asking. The Rays and Giants have recently built their teams around pitching and I think the Mariners should do the same thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment