Friday, June 22, 2012

Tigers might trade Porcello for hitting

Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press has recently speculated whether the Tigers might be interested in trading pitcher Rick Porcello in exchange for a right-handed bat with power. He thinks that the Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski could make Porcello available now and give young prospect Jacob Turner his place in the rotation.

The 23 year old Porcello has a 4.95 ERA in 80 innings this year and is under team control through 2014.

Analysis: I've never really been a big fan of Porcello. He had a good rookie season but has kept his ERA pretty high since then. I don't know how much he could fetch in return but I have a prediction. Why not the Cubs? Their obviously rebuilding and Porcello's age means that if he were to be acquired by Chicago, then he would be part of their rebuilding process. The Tigers are claiming that they want a right-handed bat in return, so why not Alfonso Soriano? Soriano is having an average season and has a bunch of home runs. I can see the Tigers-Cubs being perfect trade partners in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment