Austin Jackson is argubly the second best center fielder in the American League this year, and he did not make the All-Star game. This is a perfect example of getting snubbed because your team isn't playing well this year. Jackson has a perfect combination of speed, power, and fielding ability and I could certainly call him a five-tool player. He is hitting .332 with 9 home runs and I really do not understand how those stats are not good enough to be an All-Star.
The starting center fielder for the American League is Curtis Granderson, whom the Tigers traded away to New York to acquire Jackson. I am not a big fan of Granderson because of his poor (.241) batting average. He does, however, have 23 home runs and is vastly popular among'st the New York media. He certainly got a lot of votes due to the fact that he is a Yankee, and gets a lot of attention. I personally don't think he should even be on the All-Star roster, because there are several center fielders who are currently better than him. Mike Trout is one of them, and he made the team as a reserve. Jackson and Adam Jones (Jones made the team as a reserve) and others that are playing better as well. Anyway, I think it is outrageous that Jackson did not even make the team as a reserve. I knew that from day one the Granderson-Jackson three team trade would haunt the Yankees and now that Granderson has suddenly lost his ability to hit for average, my predictions are becoming reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment