Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Melky open to long term deal with the Giants

Melky Cabrera has provided San Francisco with a huge boost this year, and he could be in line for a contract extension sometime this summer. He is currently hitting .353, and is open to signing an extension with the Giants.
"Of course I would. I'm a free agent next (winter), but the fans and Giants' organization have treated me very well, so I would welcome staying with the Giants," Cabrera said.


GM Brian Sabean told reporters last month that he couldn't see an extension with Melky looking like Andre Ethier's extension that he received with Los Angeles earlier this year.


Cabrera is a free agent at the end of the year, and could be one of the best outfielders on the market. Other center fielders that are pending free agents are B.J. Upton, Shane Victorino, Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher and Carlos Quentin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment