Thursday, August 30, 2012

Q and A: Week 11

Q1: What should the Blue Jays do to contend in 2012?

- The Jays' offense is solid, as a matter of fact, it's one of the best in the league. Their pitching depth, however, is incredibly thin. I think, in order to get Toronto competing in 2012, all of their young pitchers will have to have good comeback seasons. I'm talking about Drew Hutchison, Kyle Drabek, Brandon Morrow, etc. Pitching will be the key for the Jays. Also, look for them to sign a pitcher like Edwin Jackson, Brandon McCarthy or Anibal Sanchez in the winter.

Q2: Who would you have more faith in, Lohse or Wainwright?

- Definitely Wainwright. I am not a big fan of Lohse. I understand that Wainwright is still recovering from Tommy John surgery but I still have more faith in him.

Q3: Could Jeff Karstens get an extension with Pittsburgh?

- Perhaps. They could lock him at a reasonable price, but I'm still not sold on him. If he continues his solid performance for the remainder of the season, I can see him possibly getting a 2-year, $19 million deal. Nothing overpowering from a baseball standpoint.

Q4: Could Jacoby Ellsbury be in a Braves uniform next season?

- That actually makes perfect sense. The Red Sox will look to get younger and will shop Ellsbury. His value is really low, so Atlanta would probably only have to get rid of one or two pitching prospects. I can definitely see Atlanta going after Ellsbury if Michael Bourn leaves via free agency.

Q5: Could Chris Perez be the Giants' closer in 2013?

- Probably not. I doubt that Perez will be traded, and the Giants still have Wilson, Romo, Affeldt, and a few other options. If I acquired Perez, I wouldn't use him as my closer if I have Wilson on my team. Actually, a good trade scenario would be to send Brett Pill or Brandon Belt to Cleveland in order to get Perez. Cleveland desperately needs a first baseman so a trade like that could be possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment