Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Roy Oswalt clears waivers

The Rangers announced that pitcher Roy Oswalt has cleared waivers. Texas can now trade the 35-year old veteran to any team without waiver wire restrictions.

Oswalt wile earn $5 million this year, and approximately $1 million for the remainder of the year. He is eligible for free agency after the season. He has posted a 5.94 ERA in 50 innings for Texas this year, serving as a starter and reliever.

Analysis: I called it from day one. I knew that the Oswalt was going to be a bust from the get-go. He also has an attitude problem, because he complained like a baby when Texas switched him to a bullpen role. I wouldn't be surprised if a team trades for him, but I'm actually surprised that the Rangers are willing to get rid of him so easily. I know that he has been dreadful, but he still offers rotation depth, and with Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz out for the season, they need a couple extra pitchers in case another few starters go down. I can see the Dodgers going after him (I know I keep saying that but we all know how aggressive they are, plus they have been looking for veteran pitchers), also the White Sox, Orioles, and MAYBE the Cardinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment