Q1: What should the Braves do with Dan Uggla for the remainder of the year? How about the remainder of his contract?
- I think that they made the right call by allowing Martin Prado get the everyday gig for the rest of the season. Uggla's stats, with the exception to his home runs, are awful. As for the rest of the year, I'd bench Uggla until he raises that batting average. For the remainder of his contract, I'd try and play him everyday. No team is going to be willing to take on his big contract, expect, the Dodgers of course.
Q2: Should the Rockies go after King Felix or Shields in the off-season?
Absolutely not. The Rockies are rebuilding and giving up their so-called prospects is not a good thing to do right now. Plus, I wonder if someone like James Shields would be able to survive while playing at a place like Coors Field.
Q3: Should the Braves go after Josh Hamilton if Michael Bourn leaves via free agency?
- Eh. Maybe. Hamilton will cost a lot of dough and Atlanta generally doesn't spend that much in the off-season. They'll probably just find a prospect from within the farm system. I expect Hamilton to stay with the Rangers.
Q4: Do the Padres have enough to contend in 2013?
- If you asked me that question a few months ago, I'd probably tell you to stop watching baseball. Actually, I heard, via Ken Rosenthal, that the Padres may spend some money this winter, and if they bring in some free agent arms and keep Chase Headley, I can see the club making a wild-card run in 2013. It's not a ridiculous thought, but I think that everything HAS to go right for the Padres in 2013, and that is unlikely going to happen.
Q5: Should the Nationals take a look at Jacoby Ellsbury this winter?
-Definitely. I believe that Boston will want to get rid of him, because they are rebuilding and he is somewhat injury-prone. We all know that the Nationals have been looking for a centerfielder for the last few years, and Ellsbury would be a clear upgrade over Roger Bernadina, assuming that Harper moves to a corner outfield spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment