"I can't take two more years of this," Figgins said.
Figgins signed a four year, $36 million deal with the Mariners after the 2009 season, and has been a massive bust. He will earn $8 million in 2013 and has a $9 million vesting option for the 2014 season. He played third base and all three outfield positions this year, but only appeared in four games in September. He hit .181 with 11 RBI in 194 plate appearances for Seattle this season.
Analysis: Trust me Chone, I highly doubt that the Mariners want you there. There is a reason why they only played him in four games in September, and that was because they obviously do not have him in their future plans. After these comments, I expect him to either be released, or work out a deal with the front office that will let them buy out his remaining years on his contract. Something has to be done with him, because he is definitely not the player he used to be, and will not get playing time with Seattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment