Farris appeared in 13 games for Milwaukee in 2012, but spent the majority of the season in Triple-A, hitting .286 in 528 plate appearances. Scarpetta posting a 3.85 ERA in 117 innings at Double-A in 2011 but missed the entire 2012 season following Tommy John surgery.
Analysis: I'm actually surprised that BOTH of these players cleared waivers. Usually I can find a good reason to why a player would clear waivers or not, but this one is confusing. Farris is actually a decent second baseman with some nice numbers in the minor leagues, and is only 26 years old. He is versatile and young, and I'm surprised that a team didn't take a shot at him. As for Scarpetta, his numbers were good in the minor leagues and he is still only 24 years old. Perhaps the Tommy John surgery scared off any potential claiming teams.
No comments:
Post a Comment