Monday, October 15, 2012

Reds extend Dusty Baker

The Reds have announced that they have signed manager Dusty Baker to a contract extension that will have him remain as the skipper of Cincinnati through the 2014 season. Bakers previous contract expired when the Reds were eliminated from the playoffs a week ago.

Baker has managed the Reds since 2008, and recently missed some time due to a mild stroke. However Baker did tell reporters that he was interested in coming back.

Analysis: At first I thought that this signing was good, but then I heard a few Reds fans complaining about it. I've always considered Baker to be a great manager, but some fans are saying that he can't handle his pitching staff and is not the right man for the job. The way I look at it is, the Reds won 97 games in 2012, and they really didn't cause any trouble. Keeping Baker in Cincinnati for two more years isn't going to kill the franchise, and with that in mind I think that this is a good signing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment