Kevin Youkilis has officially been traded to the White Sox (see my earlier post.) He has been awful this season and has killed fantasy owners who have him. He hasn't really been able to stay on the field either, who is obviously not good. Now that he is with Chicago, he will be playing with big hitters like Paul Konerko and Adam Dunn. That will certainly give him more protection in the lineup and he will most likely end up seeing better pitches to hit. Assuming he stays healthy (big risk), he will receieve a lot of playing time, which will most likely lead to a consistent amount of hits. I've never been a big Youkilis fan, but give him credit, he gets on base. People call him "The Greek God of Walks" for a reason. He is certainly a guy I'd take a flier on, and his value is extremely low right now. So if he is on the waiver wire in your league, I'd jump all over him.
If you'd like to see my post earlier today breaking down the Youkilis trade, click here
No comments:
Post a Comment