The Rockies designated the 26 year old Rogers for assignment 3 days ago and was a popular candidate from day one to get claimed off of waivers. He is currently out of options and cannot be sent to the minors without clearing waivers.
Carlin has appeared in 4 games for Cleveland this year. He spent most of the year in Triple-A, and struggled at the plate.
Analysis: I called it from day one. I knew a team would put a claim on Rogers. The kid has a live arm and the Indians got themselves a nice pitcher just for cash considerations. Its a shame that he is out of options so if he does struggle again, he will be designated for assignment yet again, but that's that way baseball is. Also, I don't expect a team to put a claim on Carlin. He is 31 years old and offers nothing at the plate. He should clear waivers and report to the Indians' Triple-A affiliate.
No comments:
Post a Comment