In this series I will be taking questions and answering them. This is my first post in this series so lets get started. I'll try to do this every Wednesday. I'll do 5 questions today.
Q1: Now that the Rockies are out of contention, will they be looking to trade Carlos Gonzalez?
A1: No, I don't see that happening. Gonzalez is part of the Rockies' rebuilding process and is a key piece in their future. I think Tulowitzki and Gonzalez are safe and everyone else on the Rockies has a chance on getting traded.
Q2: Any chance the Braves go after Mariners SP Jason Vargas now that Beachy is out for the season?
A2: I can definitely see this happening. Vargas is a cheap option and is still young so the Braves could perhaps sign him to a long-term deal. It probably wouldn't cost too much to acquire the lefty.
Q3: Do the Diamondbacks have a realistic shot at getting Youkilis?
A3: Definitely. I can't see Arizona competing this year but if they start to heat up I wouldn't be surprised if GM Kevin Towers looks at acquiring the veteran Youkilis.
Q4: What could the Phillies get for Cole Hamels?
A4: Two very good (A-) prospects and a mid-level prospect probably. Remember he is a free agent after this season so he would only be a two month rental.
Q5: Who ends up getting Joe Saunders?
A5: Assuming the Diamondbacks are out of it, they will definitely look to deal Saunders. The Pirates and Orioles have been linked to Saunders and I can envision the Pirates as a perfect fit. There are also teams out there like the Blue Jays, Braves and Red Sox who need pitching pretty badly.
No comments:
Post a Comment