Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fantasy baseball talk: Buy low on Hosmer

Eric Hosmer had a nice season for Kansas City last year, and I'm sure many of you picked him up pretty early in this years fantasy draft. He is one of my favorite players but I'll admit that he shouldn't have been picked that high in the draft. In my opinion, he probably had a little more to prove before he was deserving of being one of the top first baseman in the American League. Anyway, Hosmer, for the most part, has struggled this season. He has a batting average of .218 with 8 home runs. I would imagine that a lot of you have given up on Hosmer at this point. He actually has heated up lately, hitting .293 with 3 home runs since May 21. I really think that Hosmer is capable of hitting 20+ homers this year, and given his struggles from earlier in the season, I'm sure his owners would accept that. Overall, it is assumed that he is available in your league, so if you need a few home runs here and there I'd definitely consider picking him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment