Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Roy Oswalt to make Rangers debut on Friday

The Rangers have announced that pitcher Roy Oswalt will start Fridays game against the Rockies. Texas signed him to a minor league contract at the end of May and is ready to bring him to the big leagues.

Oswalt was 1-1 with a 5.87 ERA in the minors this year. He is 159-93 with a 3.21 ERA in 339 career major league games. He last pitched for the Phillies in the 2011 NLDS.

The team moved veteran Scott Feldman back to the bullpen as well.

Analysis: I never really liked the Oswalt signing from the beginning because of his injury history. If he is able to perform well for the Rangers, I'd say they got a steal but I just feel like he is way past his prime. Sure, he might have a few good starts here and there, but pitching in a hitter-friendly ballpark in Arlington, Texas may work against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment