Q1: How much trade value do Coco Crisp and Kurt Suzuki have right now?
- Crisp might appeal to some teams that need outfield depth, and Suzuki might appeal to some teams that need a backup catcher. Both of their trade values are extremely low right now, but I expect a team to buy low on both of them.
Q2: What do you expect out of Ben Sheets?
- Sheets, as many of you know, signed a deal with Atlanta a few days ago. Right now, I view him as depth in case another starter gets hurt. I don't think Sheets will find his old form but if he does it will have to be at Triple-A first. So I still expect the Braves to get another starting pitcher. As far as Sheets is concerned, I'm expecting another injury plagued season.
Q3: Should the Tigers look to acquire Kelly Johnson?
- Yes, definitely. If the Jays become sellers, I'd expect Detroit to be all over the Jays about Johnson. The Tigers definitely need a second baseman and Kelly Johnson would be an awesome, underrated acquisition.
Q4: What would Zack Greinke's contract look like this winter?
- Greinke is probably going to get traded, and the team that acquires him will probably want him to sign an extension. If he doesn't get traded, he could probably get a deal looking like 6 years, $110 million contract. It would be a huge risk because of some anxiety issues but the talent is there.
Q5: Should the Blue Jays trade Yunel Escobar to get some pitching help?
- This is a great question, but I doubt it. Escobar has a future with Toronto, and I honestly think, even though GM Alex Anthopoulos says otherwise, that the team is secretly looking toward the future. Escobar has a lot of trade value right now and he is locked up for a pretty good price but I expect him to stay put.
No comments:
Post a Comment