Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Q and A: Week 6

Q1: Do you think the A's will acquire Yunel Escobar? 


- They seem to be a good fit for him. Blue Jays have been actively searching for pitching and Oakland would be a great trading partner. It'll probably take a A- prospect or two B prospects to pry Escobar and his team friendly contract out of Toronto.

Q2: Who will be the most aggressive pursuers for Chase Headley?


- I expect the Athletics to end up acquiring him. Now that Arizona has prospect Ryan Wheeler playing the hot corner, I expect them to be out of the Headley sweepstakes. The Yankees could make a bid for him, now that A-Rod is out for a while. I don't expect them to be willing to give up a top prospect to get him however.

Q3: What could the Mets get for Tim Byrdak and Scott Hairston?


- The Mets are looking for major league ready players in exchange for them. I would imagine that they would have a tough time doing that. They could probably get a B- prospect for each one if they bundled them with another Mets player.

Q4: Why haven't the Rockies started their fire sale yet?

- I have this strong feeling that Colorado isn't going to trade that many of their players. I can really only seeing Marco Scutaro, Ramon Hernandez, Jason Giambi and Rafael Betancourt being traded. Also, I believe that Scutaro is a perfect fit for Oakland.

Q5: Should the Angels trade one of their outfielders to acquire some starting pitching/relievers?


- Absolutely! That makes perfect sense and I can see them doing that. Vernon Wells could be shipped out of LA for practically nothing. He doesn't really have much trade value. Peter Bourjos is probably the outfielder that is going to get traded this week. He is currently blocked on the depth chart by Mike Trout. They can't move him to left field or right field because those positions belong to Mark Trumbo and Torii Hunter, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment