Kansas City acquired Sanchez in the infamous off-season trade that sent Melky Cabrera to San Francisco. The Royals also acquired pitcher Ryan Verdugo, who is set to start tonight's game.
Sanchez has posted a 7.76 ERA in 53 1/3 innings pitched this year. He has averaged less than 4.5 innings pitched per start. He is eligible for free agency after this season.
Analysis: When the Royals traded away Melky last winter, I honestly thought their General Manager was high. Melky is/was still a young player and was coming off an underrated season. I guess Kansas City's front office decided they better sell high on him before his value would go back down. I knew Jonathan Sanchez would be awful in the American League. He was so-so in the National League and when you go to an American League filled with tough hitters left and right, it's tough to have success. A lot of teams are looking for starting pitching depth, so he'll definitely get claimed.
No comments:
Post a Comment