Manager Ozzie Guillen hinted that there could be a change in the back end of the bullpen next week. It is assumed that he is talking about replacing Heath Bell. "We didn't lose because of the play at the plate. We lost because Heath Bell couldn't do the job," Manager Ozzie Guillen said.
The Marlins' clubhouse has definitely be chaos over the last few weeks and Bell takes full responsibility. "I feel like I've let the whole organization down. I'm the reason that we're [nine] games back, plain and simple," Bell said. "I think all my teammates can blame me. If I've been doing my job, we'd be right in the hunt."
Analysis: I knew the Heath Bell signing was going to be a disaster from day one, and the Marlins have to make a move soon in order to stay within striking distance in the division. They could either make Steve Cishek the interim closer while Bell gets his crap together or they could trade for a player like Huston Street or Brett Myers. I think they should just give Cishek the opportunity to close out a few games. Cishek has been an awesome setup man for Miami for a few years now and he deserves an opportunity to finish some games. If they make a trade they would give up even more prospects and further damage their future. Bell is locked up for the next two years after this one so Miami is going to have to stick with him. They will definitely demote him somehow. They could send him to Triple-A or just give him a less important role in the big league bullpen. It is going to be interesting to see how Ozzie Guillen and Co. handle this situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment