"My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used," Cabrera said. "I accept my suspension under the Joint Drug Program and will try to move on with my life. I am deeply sorry for my mistake and I apologize to my teammates, to the San Francisco Giants organization and to the fans for letting them down."
Cabrera has had a breakout season in 2012, and was on track to get a big payday in the fall when he becomes eligible for free agency. Both Melky and the Giants have recently put contract extension talks on hold after discussing for quite a long time. Cabrera has hit .346 with 11 homers in 501 plate appearances this season for the Giants, and made his first All-Star team as well.
Analysis: Wow! Many of us believed that Melky found his swing this season sort of like how Jose Bautista did a few years ago. This is huge for the Giants, and I feel bad for them. Melky has been a fan favorite this season, and his production will definitely be missed. Now it looks like San Francisco will have to try and find production at other parts of the field, because this is a crushing blow that may even end their season.
No comments:
Post a Comment