Thursday, August 30, 2012

Padres may keep Headley, look at some pitchers

Padres executives have told reporters that they may want to keep third baseman Chase Headley this off-season. GM Josh Byrnes says that he considered a few deals from opposing teams last month leading up to the non-waiver trading deadline, but he doesn't feel urgent to trade Headley.

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports mentions that San Diego may want to pursue a few starting pitchers this off-season, such as Hiroki Kuroda.

Analysis: I'm not a huge Chase Headley fan, but considering that he plays in PETCO Park, his numbers are pretty darn good. I think that it is the right call to keep him, because they can build their lineup around him and Carlos Quentin. As for the pitching, I fully expect San Diego to pursue a starting pitcher in the off-season. Who knows? A pitcher may even want to go to San Diego to boost his free agent value for the following season.

No comments:

Post a Comment