Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Q and A: Week 8

Q1: What is ultimately going to happen to Chone Figgins?

- Seattle's front office seems to be upset with Figgins right now, and its about time. If you are a Mariners fan, I'm sure that you want Figgins released or designated for assignment. I don't blame you. I think that Figgins will ultimately get designated for assignment, clear waivers, and get released. The Mariners have a few nice outfielders in their organization and they can't let Figgins take away their playing time.

Q2: What does Michael Bourn's off-season contract look like? And who does he sign with?

- I expect him to re-sign with Atlanta for maybe 5 years, $75 million. That sounds like the right price range. Bourn is an excellent player but he is sort of a risky pickup because he is a guy who relies on his legs too often. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see Carl Crawford and his downfall.

Q3: Just how underrated is Allen Craig right now?

Incredibly underrated. Craig has always been a solid hitter, so I'm not really surprised by his performance this year. Hopefully he finds a position and sticks with it, because St. Louis has been shuffling him around positions over the last few years.

Q4: How many wins will the Astros get this season? 

- They'll probably do worse this year than they did last year. Maybe 50-55 wins is a possibility? I didn't really expect much out of Houston coming into this year so this doesn't surprise me, or any of their fans, at all.

Q5: What should Melky Cabrera's deal look like this winter? 

- If he doesn't re-sign with the Giants, I think his deal could be massive because a team will definitely overpay for him. However, I think he is going to stay in San Francisco and I can see him getting maybe a 4-5 year deal worth about $60 million from them. I think he would be willing to take a minor pay cut in order to stay with the Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment