Wright's current deal includes a club option for 2013 worth $16 million with a $1 million buyout. GM Sandy Alderson has said that the team has interest in keeping Wright in place long-term. Earlier in the season, Wright refused to discuss an extension during the 2012 season, therefore making him a extension candidate for the 2013 off-season, because he would most likely not want to discuss an extension during the 2013 season as well.
Analysis: Wright is my favorite player of all time, and I hope that he stays in Flushing for the rest of his career. In that same report, Heyman believes that Wright would possibly get a deal similar to Matt Kemp (8 years, $160 million.) I don't see that happening. First off, Wright will definitely take a hometown discount to stay in New York. Second off, I don't think that Alderson and Co. will be willing to throw that amount of money at one player.
No comments:
Post a Comment