Q1: Will Youkilis turn his career around with Chicago?
- This is a tough call because he was so bad for Boston this season. He has had problems staying healthy as you know but I think he will have a mini-bounce back season. I think a .270 batting average with 10 home runs is a realistic possibility. Anyway, I don't think he will turn his career around in Chicago because I don't think he will be in Chicago for that long.
Q2: Do you think the Cubs will trade Bryan LaHair? If so, What kind of return can they expect?
- Yes, LaHair will be traded because he is already in his late 20's and will reach his prime before the Cubs get ready to be contenders again. Obviously, Anthony Rizzo is their future first baseman so Chicago will have to make LaHair an outfielder. Plenty of teams are searching for outfielders so he will definitely be pursued by other clubs. As for the return, I think they will definitely get a one or two mid level prospects, but nothing THAT special. He doesn't really have a track record and seems to be a late bloomer. Whichever team gets him will probably get him as a rental player so I just cant see a team unloading its farm system for him.
Q3: What do you think of the Dodgers' signing of Yasel Puig?
- It's hard to really judge this signing right now. Obviously the Dodgers have made a big commitment by throwing $40 million at him but you never know how these international players will turn out. Right now, in my opinion, this is a huge gamble. Its a high risk, high reward signing.
Q4: Who won the Kevin Youkilis trade?
- Right now, it looks like the White Sox. They got Youkilis, a struggling star, while his value was low for practically nothing. Brent Lillibridge doesn't have a future in Boston and Zack Stewart is a nice addition for Boston and we will see how he develops. I think Zack Stewart's performance will determine the winner of this trade.
Q5: Should the Tigers look to trade for Jed Lowrie?
- Lowrie, in my opinion, shouldn't be available. He has a future in Houston and has had a great year for them. I would be really surprised if they trade him because he is a keeper. The Tigers should definitely look to add a shortstop. Maybe Stephen Drew?
Be sure to check out next weeks Q and A session.
No comments:
Post a Comment