Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fantasy talk: Weekly Buy low/Sell High

Buy Low

Yasmani Grandal- The catcher position is arguably the weakest position in fantasy baseball, and that is why you should pick up Grandal immediately. He has hit four home runs in his five games and should see a lot of playing time as the Padres' starting catcher. Sure, his numbers might take a small hit because he is playing at the pitcher-friendly confines of PETCO park, but I think he is worth a gamble. 

Zack Greinke- I know he is playing great this season, and odds are he is owned by another team. I urge you to try and pick him up soon because he is facing the Astros on Saturday. Obviously the Astros are not a good hitting team and he should play very well against them.

Carlos Quentin- Quentin has been forgotten by many this season because he has cooled down drastically. Like Grandal, I am aware he plays at PETCO park but he is still capable of putting up above average numbers. If he gets traded soon, which is most likely going to happen, he will probably put up even better numbers. 

Sell High

Carlos Beltran- Beltran has had an amazing season, but his injury history is what concerns me. He has had some serious knee problems over the last few years and I truly believe that he will end up getting injured soon.

Wade Miley- Miley has been a nice surprise this season but he is a rookie and you don't know if he will be able to handle a full season in the big leagues. I personally believe he is playing over his head right now, but that is just my opinion. Get rid of him before he either gets injured or gets rocked in an outing and loses his consistency. 

Melky Cabrera- Cabrera has been argubly the best player in the National League this year and is leading the league in hits. He constantly gets big hits for San Francisco, but I believe he will start to cool down soon. He is playing way over his head right now but is still capable of hitting .300 or so. I'd say just explore what you can get for him, and if the return is loaded, jump on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment