Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Q and A: Week 4

Q1: What team will Carlos Quentin be traded to this month?


- It appears like the Dodgers and Indians are being very aggressive in the Quentin sweepstakes this month, and I think Cleveland is going to wind up getting him. I don't know how desparate the Dodgers are for an outfielder. I think they have bigger needs to fill, and they could just use Juan Rivera for now. The Indians, in my opinion, have the pieces to pry Quentin away from San Diego.

Q2: Could Kelly Johnson be shipped to Detroit for some bullpen help? Maybe Dotel or Benoit?


- For some reason I've always been a huge Kelly Johnson fan and Detroit definitely needs a second baseman. He would be a great fit for the Tigers but I doubt Detroit is going to give up Dotel or Benoit for him. Maybe a young starting pitcher like Drew Smyly, or Adam Wilk?

Q3: Could Reed Johnson and/or Shawn Camp be thrown in to sweeten a possible deal?


- Yes, that is definitely something I'd consider if I was the Cubs General Manager. I'm sure Theo Epstein is going to think of creative ways to gather some prospects this month.

Q4: Should the Cubs make a run at Justin Upton?


- It seems like it would make sense given Upton's age (24). However, I don't think Theo Epstein and Co. will want to sell their beloved farm system for a streaky player like Upton.

Q5: When will Zack Greinke be dealt?


- For some reason the Brewers still think they are in the divisional race so they are holding onto their star players right now. I expect him to be traded within the next two weeks because GM Doug Melvin is going to realize that his ball-club doesn't have enough talent to compete in a pretty tough NL Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment