The Braves have released shortstop Jack Wilson. Wilson has been on the disabled list since July 14th and Atlanta has relied on Paul Janish and Tyler Pastornicky at shortstop.
Wilson has hit .169 in 77 plate appearances for Atlanta this year, and will be eligible for free agency after the season. He has a lot of experience at shortstop and second base, and is a career .265 hitter in 12 total MLB seasons.
Analysis: Feels like it was just yesterday when Wilson was one of those top prospects emerging from Pittsburgh's farm system. I remember one year he even got 201 hits. Anyway, I guess this is the right move by Atlanta. Wilson has had a rough year, but is still a tremendous defender. I'm sure he'll sign with another team, perhaps on a minor league deal, next month. It's not time for him to retire just yet, and I hope he ends his career on the high note.
No comments:
Post a Comment