Monday, October 8, 2012

Jim Tracy resigns as Rockies Manager

The Rockies have announced that Jim Tracy has resigned as the teams manager.

"Jim Tracy is a man that has brought professionalism to the Rockies organization since 2009," said Bill Geivett, who is the Rockies' senior vice president of Major League operations. "However, Jim has decided that he no longer wants to move forward as manager. We respect Jim's decision, and we wish Jim and his family the best of luck as we begin our search for the right person to become the next manager of our organization."

The Rockies had a terrible 2012 season, winning 64 games and losing 98, which is a franchise record for losses. Tracy's experimental four-man rotation failed, and the club's pitching coach Bob Apodaca also resigned. Tracy posted a combined 220-266 record as the Rockies' skipper.

Analysis: Tracy really wasn't the problem, and I don't blame him for leaving. The organization is a mess, and they will probably not have a good 2013 season. I didn't agree with Tracy's four man rotation plan initially, and it definitely failed. Besides that, I didn't really have a problem with anything else he did as a manager. But, however like I said before, this team is a mess and Tracy doesn't know where their future is heading, so I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment